Belgium, a country in Western Europe, is known for its medieval old towns, Flemish Renaissance architecture and international headquarters of the European Union and NATO. The country is divided into 2 distinctive multilingual regions: Dutch-speaking Flanders to the north and French-speaking Wallonia to the south.
Belgium Residence Program
For entrepreneurs, self-employed individuals and investors who are not EU citizens, Belgium offers a relatively easy path to resident status and eventually to acquiring Belgian citizenship after seven years of full time legal residence/immigration.
As Belgium is one of the founding members of the European Union with a sound financial and legal climate, Belgian nationals are generally welcomed all over the world. Belgian/EU citizenship gives you the right of establishment in all EU member states as well as in Switzerland.
According to Belgian law and regulations, your worldwide private income is only taxable if you actually reside in Belgium. In most cases, your income can be structured in a favorable way. On top of that, some important exceptions apply, such as no tax on capital gains. Appropriate tax planning gives you a number of important tax advantages:
- No tax on capital gains
- No wealth or net-worth withholding taxes
- Maximum tax on dividends of 15% to 25%, depending on type of shares
- No tax on surplus value of (private) real estate, when owned for a minimum of five years
- 0-3% taxation on gifts (achievable with appropriate tax planning)
- The possibility of paying no inheritance tax (with appropriate tax planning)
- Extensive treaties with over 80 countries to avoid double taxation
- In some cases, income earned outside Belgium not taxable at all
Require more information?
We have kept the information on the website brief to provide you with only the common key areas of interest. However, if you would like more detailed information about a particular programme please feel free to contact us!
- Contact UsWe’d love to hear from you