Bulgaria EU Citizenship by Investment
As one of the youngest EU member states, Bulgaria boasts a rich and diverse culture, temperate climate, and ideal location in Southeast Europe — and the Investor Program for Residence and Citizenship in Bulgaria helps get you there faster.
Offered in accordance with the Foreigners in the Republic of Bulgaria Act, the Investor Program for Residence and Citizenship includes a fast-track citizenship option. It is also one of the fastest programs to lead to residence.
Applicants must deposit BGN 1 million (€511,292) in a Governmental Bond Portfolio for an investment period of five years, with no further payment required. At the end of the five-year period, the full amount of BGN 1 million (€511,292) will be returned to the investor without any accrued interest. The investment is fully guaranteed by the government bonds.
- Fast process to residency (six to nine months);
- Fast-track option allowing for citizenship within two years;
- Special exemption from physical residence enforced with legislation;
- Government-approved investment and available financing options from banks;
- No language requirements for residence or citizenship;
- No obligation to relinquish current nationality;
- Lowest tax rates and free trade environment within the EU.
- Free movement within the Schengen zone, ONLY after Bulgaria becomes a member state;
- Access to high quality healthcare in Bulgaria and the EU;
- Conditional tax exemption on world income.
- Unrestricted right to live, work and study in Europe;
- Right to own land in a EU country.
Require more information?
We have kept the information on the website brief to provide you with only the common key areas of interest. However, if you would like more detailed information about a particular programme please feel free to contact us!
- Contact UsWe’d love to hear from you