As a member of the European Union and the Schengen zone, Hungary is among the 30 most-visited destinations on the planet. It boasts a rich and diverse culture (everything from music and film to food and literature) universal healthcare, and is perfectly located in the center of Europe. Established in 2012, the Investor Residency Bond Program offers applicants a host of advantages.
Residency by Investment (Government Bond)
The statutory procedure for accepted foreign direct investment in the Investor Residency Bond Program includes the purchase of special Hungarian government bonds in the amount of €300,000 with a maturity of five years. At maturity, the original capital is returned to the investor without accrued interest.
Once the security is issued to the investor, the Residence Bond Agent will provide an irrevocable declaration certifying that a treasury bond for a nominal value of €300,000, with a five-year maturity, will be purchased from the funds received from the investor within 45 days of his/her residence permit being issued. In addition to the investment, applicants are also required to cover all processing and visa application fees.
Temporary residence (annually renewable permit):
- Government-approved investment in bonds;
- Special exemption from physical residence is applied to the main applicant and all qualifying family members;
- Fast application process. All qualifying applicants receive a Hungarian ID for temporary residency (TR) in less than three months, giving them the right to travel freely throughout the Schengen zone.
- A single application process for the main applicant and all qualifying family members, with no mandatory trips to Hungary required;
- A fast and facilitated application process for permanent residency. Applicants and their family members can apply for permanent residency just six months after receiving their TR cards;
- Free movement throughout the Schengen zone.
Require more information?
We have kept the information on the website brief to provide you with only the common key areas of interest. However, if you would like more detailed information about a particular programme please feel free to contact us!
- Contact UsWe’d love to hear from you