Malta, an archipelago in the central Mediterranean between Sicily and the North African coast, is a nation known for historic sites related to a succession of rulers including the Romans, Moors, Knights of St. John, French and British. It has numerous fortresses, megalithic temples and the Ħal Saflieni Hypogeum, a subterranean complex of halls and burial chambers dating to 3600 B.C.E.
Malta EU Citizenship
Malta’s IIP is the only EU-approved Citizenship by Investment Programme in Europe and is subject to the following eligibility criteria:
- Good standing and reputation (‘fit and proper’ test);
- A non-refundable Contribution of €650K to the Malta Social & Development Fund, with additional lower contributions for dependent family members ;
- An Investment in Approved Bonds or Securities amounting to €150K for a minimum of 5 years;
- The Purchase of Residential Property in Malta at a min. value of €350K or the Rental at €16K per year for a min. of 5 years, and
- Evidence of a Genuine Link with Malta including recognition as a Resident of Malta for at least one year.
Malta Citizenship by Investment is being granted to investors seeking to obtain a European passport within one year.
- The Republic of Malta enjoys a stable political climate and a bi-partisan political scene that is largely convergent on issues of national and economic importance.
- Malta has weathered the financial crises well and shared the limelight with Germany as the only two states maintaining economic growth in the Euro Zone.
- Malta’s banks have been ranked amongst the top 5 soundest banks in the world. Malta has been a member of the European Union since 2004 and is part of Schengen since 2007.
- Citizenship obtained under this programme grants the rights of full citizenship for life and can be passed on to future generations by descent.
- Maltese citizenship grants access to all investment opportunities in Malta and throughout the European Union open to Maltese and European Union citizens.
Require more information?
We have kept the information on the website brief to provide you with only the common key areas of interest. However, if you would like more detailed information about a particular programme please feel free to contact us!
- Contact UsWe’d love to hear from you