Saint Lucia is a sovereign island nation in the eastern Caribbean with 2 distinctive mountains, the Pitons, on its west coast. It’s known for its beaches and reef-diving sites, as well as its rainforested interior with waterfalls such as at Toraille. It’s home to quiet volcanic beaches and fishing villages as well as luxurious resorts, and the capital, Castries, is a regular cruise ship stop.
Why Choose Saint Lucia?
Saint Lucia has inherited decades of experience from its Caribbean neighbors. By hand-picking only the best practices, the Citizenship by Investment Board is committed to making the program the most efficient for investors, while providing unmatched benefits for the country and its people. Part of the Lesser Antilles, it is located north/northeast of the island of Saint Vincent, northwest of Barbados and south of Martinique. It covers a land area of 617 km2 (238.23 sq mi) and has a population of 174,000 (2010). Its capital is Castries.
Saint Lucia recognizes dual citizenship, which can give an advantage on business expansion and tax relief among other benefits.
- Fast processing within 3 months with the inclusion of dependent children below 25 years of age
- Inclusion of dependent parents above 65 who are currently residing with the applicant
- Inclusion of mentally or physically challenged dependent children and/or parents
- No physical residency requirements
- No requirement to travel to St Lucia during the application process
- No interview, education or managerial experience required
- Visa-free travel to 121 countries including the Schengen Zone (27 EU countries), UK and Hong Kong
- No tax on worldwide income.
Saint Lucia Citizenship-by-Investment Program was established in 2015 under the regulations of the Citizenship by Investment Bill 2015 making it the most recent addition to the Citizenship by Investment Programs (CIP) in the Caribbean region. Saint Lucia has masterfully positioned its program for the global elite by limiting the applications and by raising the overall net-worth requirement. To qualify for citizenship in Saint Lucia, applicants need to fulfill one of the investment requirements, in addition to the following criteria:
- Minimum net worth of US$ 3 million
- Be of outstanding character
- Hold no criminal record
- Have excellent health.
- National Economic Fund Contribution
High net worth individuals may choose to make a monetary contribution to the NEF organization via one of the prescribed contribution levels as follows:
- US$ 200,000: Single Applicant
- US$ 235,000: Main Applicant with Spouse
- US$ 250,000: Family with up to 3 dependents (spouse + 2 children)
- US$ 25,000: Per additional dependent.
- Real Estate Investment
The purchased property must be minimum US$ 300,000 in a pre-approved real estate development area. The property must be owned and maintained for a minimum of 5 years. Property registration, processing fees and taxes must be paid in addition to the property purchase.
- Enterprise Project Investment
An applicant must invest a minimum of US$ 3,5M in an approved enterprise project and create atleast 3 jobs. Two applicants can share an investment of US$ 6M and create 6 jobs to qualify. Approved enterprise projects must fall under one of the following categories: Specialty Restaurants, Cruise ports and marinas, Agro-processing plants, Pharmaceutical products, Ports, bridges, roads and highways, Research institutions and facilities, or Offshore universities.
- Government Bonds
Upon approval, an applicant and accompanying family may opt to invest in Saint Lucia government bonds, which must be held for 5 years. The bond amount will vary depending on the size of the family as follows:
- US$ 500,000: Single Applicant
- US$ 535,000: Main Applicant and spouse
- US$ 550,000: Family with up to 3 dependents (spouse + 2 children)
- US$ 25,000: Per additional dependent.
Require more information?
We have kept the information on the website brief to provide you with only the common key areas of interest. However, if you would like more detailed information about a particular programme please feel free to contact us!
- Contact UsWe’d love to hear from you