UK Entrepreneur Visa / Residency Permit
The Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa enables you to live and work in the UK without the need for a UK sponsor or an arranged employment. As an Entrepreneur you can establish or take over a business in the UK, but you will also need to be actively involved in the day-to-day management. Under this UK visa category you will have to show that you have access to funds of no less than £200,000 which are held in one or more regulated financial institutions and disposable in the United Kingdom.
The Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa
Leave to enter/remain under the Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa category is normally granted for an initial period of three years. In the first six months, you must make the full investment which will lead to the employment of two settled individuals.
Fast Track to Settlement in the UK – As an added incentive, successful entrepreneurs who create 10 jobs for resident workers or have a turnover of £5 million will be able to qualify for settlement on completion of 3 years in the UK.
Absences – The UK Government recognises that business people and entrepreneurs might be discouraged by the strict residence criteria for settlement in the UK whereby migrants are expected to spend 9 out of 12 months in the UK. The rules allow maximum absences of up to 180 days per year for those under the UK entrepreneur visa category.
Being granted residency or citizenship status in the UK gives you access to a world of exclusive benefits, including:
- A diverse and multicultural society represented by large cultural and ethnic communities;
- A superior standard of education with a broad network of state and private schools, and more than 150 universities and higher education institutions.
- One of the best free medical care services in the world.
- A member of the G8.
- A key member of the EU, which means greater business opportunities throughout Europe.
- An unrivalled financial business centre (London);
- An attractive tax regime for high net worth investors classed as “UK resident, non-domicile”;
- The travel mobility and security of a UK passport.
Require more information?
We have kept the information on the website brief to provide you with only the common key areas of interest. However, if you would like more detailed information about a particular programme please feel free to contact us!
- Contact UsWe’d love to hear from you